PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL ADVICE ON ACOUSTICS AND SOLUTIONS TO NOISE PROBLEMS
Architectural & Building Acoustics
We offer a wide range of noise surveys and reports to suit individual requirements for Architectural and Building Acoustics. Ranging from initial background noise surveys to design and build architectural acoustics to full scale environmental assessment surveys. We provide professional technical advice for achieving Document E Building Regulations, through to detailed acoustic design on specific structural elements in complex constructions, and cover all noise and vibration issues on large scale projects.
There are also many technical requirements and planning conditions on noise set by the local authority, and statutory noise guidelines, which need professional independent advice to be resolved successfully. Shaun Murkett Acoustics provides that independent and professional service to Architects and Project Managers.
We undertake noise surveys, discuss the options available with your design team, and produce a report containing advice and recommendations. We have the latest sound prediction and modelling software to support the comprehensive technical advice in our reports. We are well known to the London Local Authorities, and liaise regularly with the noise teams, planning officers and building control to support your interests throughout the project. We also provide the necessary sound and vibration tests and compliance monitoring and official certificates to clear particular Planning Permission conditions.
Shaun Murkett can also act as an Expert Witness on all noise issues for planning applications, appeals, and legal court cases. We respond promptly at short notice, and offer a professional, reliable service.
Residential Development, Camden, London,
Acoustic Design, Railway Noise & Vibration.
Heartcore, St Johns Wood,
Acoustic Design for Planning Permission.
Marks & Spencer, Brixton, London,
Acoustic Design, Noise and Vibration.
BACK TO SERVICES
Residential Luxury Apartments, Highgate, London
Environmental Assessment and Acoustic Design.
Luxury apartments, London Fields, Hackney,
Acoustic Design for Architect.
Montagu Square, Westminster, Luxury
Refurbishment Sound tests and acoustic design.
Shaun Murkett Acoustics
have a good engineering
background and they understand
the industry. They are professional
and well experienced, and their reports are good. I can thoroughly recommend them.
Architect and Director Studio Y2,
for Heartcore, St Johns Wood.
• 500+ noise surveys and reports over 25 years
• Professional, qualified, experienced
• Quick turnaround of surveys and reports
• Comprehensive, detailed, clear noise reports
• Full technical support to design team, architects, planners
• Liaise with Local Authority noise team and planning officers
• Planning Permission granted with noise reports
• Full Environmental Assessments
• Residential and Commercial Developments
• Planning ventilation / air conditioning plant
• Completion and compliance sound tests
• Expert witness: professional, and experienced
• Solving internal “poor acoustics”
• Noise mapping, long term compliance monitoring
• Noise prediction, design modelling
• Noise reports PPG 24, BS 4142, BS 8233, NPPF Planning
• Software modelling, noise prediction, noise mapping
• Detailed acoustic design for difficult noise criteria
• Regular site monitoring for noise and vibration
• High success rate, to achieve Planning Permission
Shaun Murkett Acoustics were excellent in their technical advice and suggestions on this project; always professional and helpful.
Architect & Director,
Dexter Moren Associates.